Jr. Corporate and Compliance Counsel
Sobre nosso cliente
Multinational automobile components manufacturer.
Descrição do cargo
* Legal compliance and corporate governance
* Assist on the preparation, fillings and maintenance of resolutions and other corporate documentation; maintain corporate existence, legal reporting, filings, legal representation (power of attorneys), etc.
* Assist on the preparation of documentation related to corporate restructurings.
* Provide legal support to Internal Audit.
* Interact with subsidiaries in relation to resolutions and other corporate documentation.
* Legal support to Investor Relations
* Assist with compliance of the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission and stock market regulations and requests, including reporting requirements, including the Reference Form (Formulário de Referência) and Brazilian Governance Code Form (Informe do Código Brasileiro de Governança Corporativa).
* Assist with answering questions raised by shareholders, analysts and other market members.
* Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes.
* Legal support to Finance (Controllership and Treasury) and New Business Development
* Provide assistance on the preparation of a wide variety of commercial, mergers and acquisitions, bank financing and capital market transactions and assist with due diligence and preparation and negotiation of related documents.
* Assist Treasury function to monitor financing transactions in order to assure compliance with covenants.
* Assist Treasury in answering questions raised by trustees, creditor's agents and others.
* Assist Controllership function with consolidation of Business Divisions and contingency reporting for quarterly and annual financial statements.
* Provide support with respect to legal research and recommendations on courses of action, review and interpretation of legislation, legal opinions for the internal stakeholders.
* Assist legal management in preparation and surveillance of policies, procedures and practices to minimize claims, disputes and litigation.
* Management of property portfolio
* Assist on the management of intellectual property.
* Liaise with external counsel in relation to trademark applications and registrations globally.
* Management of legacy legal issues
* Assist on legal management in relation to litigation (labor, civil, and tax) related to the Company's former business divisions.
* Provide legal assistance on various matters related to the Company's former activities (environmental, real estate, contractual issues, etc.).
* Support to Business Divisions' legal areas
* Assist on the preparation of resolutions, powers of attorney and other corporate documentation for the Business Divisions of the Company.
* Assist the Business Divisions' local counsels on a variety of routine legal issues, such as commercial agreements, licenses, legal representation.
- Law Bachelor Degree.
- Professional Registrations and Certifications: License to practice law; valid OAB (Brazilian Bar Association)registration.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in Portuguese and English (oral and written); Spanish desirable.
- Solid Experience as a lawyer (corporate legal department and/or top-tier law firm).
- Experience with a multinational company and/or publicly traded company is desirable.
- General counseling experience in business environment.
- Hands on professional
- Detail oriented
- Shows initiative and energy
O que está sendo ofertado
Attractive package, according to market.