- Proven knowledge and experience in finance controlling, acting as a Controller
- Track record managing the controllership area for more than one country in Latam
Sobre nosso cliente
Large multinational company with South America revenues over R$300MM.
This is a position primarily created as there are current business opportunities to strengthen the existing control environment, standardize work across the South America region and lower accounting team costs within the region.
· Work closely with the South America Finance and Management team to ensure the accuracy, completeness and
timeliness of financial accounting, consolidation and reporting activities of South America.
· Establish, maintain and ensure adherence to Accounting policies and procedures, required controls, and statutory/GAAP
· Identify and implement standard work and tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting function,
including the increased use of shared service centers.
· Drive improved business performance through working capital initiatives, ERP system implementations, shared service
center utilization and other identified initiatives
Immediate Performance Objectives
· Understand current control environment challenges and recommend process changes
· Understand the basics of the South America business and structure, the finance organization roles and
responsibilities and the overall control environment.
· Assess current team organization structure and skills to ensure and/or implement appropriate control environment
· Identify process improvement opportunities to improve the control environment, efficiency of the accounting function
and improved working capital metrics, including cash flow reporting alignment.
· Identify opportunities to improve the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial accounting, consolidation and
· Review current compliance with accounting policies and SOX control requirements and identify opportunities to establish or update policies.
· Coordinate internal and external audit schedules and ensure appropriate remediation The strategic/big picture deliverables are as follows:
· Work with CFO and/or Global Controller to implement any identified organization structure or talent gaps to meet control environment requirements and/or identified productivity opportunities.
· Collaborate with the South America management team, global finance team and Corporate Finance to enhance working capital standard work and improve forecast accuracy.
· Collaborate with project leaders to consolidate / upgrade the regional ERP systems for lower costs, better decision support and improved customer service.
· Responsible for establishing, maintaining and complying with the Accounting Policies and Procedures.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining the control environment and the authorization limits framework of the region.
· Responsible for satisfying and remediating control and reporting (management, statutory, GAAP) requirements.
· Support and coordinate internal and external audit activities.
· Implement standard applications and tools in the accounting organization.
· Identify and implement opportunities to improve financial processes and utilize Lean tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes. Current Business Climate
· Business performance challenges
· Complex business of legal entities, sizes and geographic locations
· Significant opportunity for process improvement
· Unintegrated business systems create transactional, process and analytical burdens. Pending ERP consolidation projects expected to address challenges.
· Matrix organizational capabilities / policies are under-developed.
* Language Capabilities
* Fluency in English and Portuguese is required
* Spanish would be a plus, but not required
* Technical Requirements
* Strong understanding of US GAAP and/or IFRS
* ERP experience
* High proficiency in Excel; mid-proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
* Experience in the industrial/engineering sector preferred
* Public accounting and/or internal audit experience preferred
* ERP system implementation experience is preferred, but not required
* Outstanding technical financial acumen and experience with control environment requirements
* Demonstrated track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives
* Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to be persuasive and influence others in a constructive manner
* Action-oriented, with a high level of energy, commitment and enthusiasm
* Broad business-oriented thinker with a global perspective, capable of delivering world-class results against aggressive goals and stretch targets
* Strong prioritization and practical decision making skills
* Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to attract, retain and develop talent
* Understanding and commitment to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley is fully executed
* Strong understanding of and commitment to the establishment and maintenance of systems of internal control
* Demonstrated ability to operate with highest level of integrity
* Mobility & Travel Requirements
* Travel is required, 25% but higher initially as the new leader learns the business and meets key players.
O que está sendo ofertado
Competitive compensation package.