Você está aqui
Programme Specialist, People & Prosperity
Sobre nosso cliente
Michael Page is honored to participate in the search for the new Programme Specialist position for PNUD Brazil - UNDP (United Nations Development Programme).
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
This is a critical time for the world. At UNDP, we see this period as a huge opportunity to advance the global sustainable development agenda. Last year, world leaders adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development to continue the work of the Millennium Development Goals. UNDP is working to strengthen new frameworks for development, disaster risk reduction and climate change. We support countries' efforts to achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals, or Global Goals, which will guide global development priorities for the next 15 years.
UNDP focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
- Sustainable development
- Democratic governance and peacebuilding
- Climate and disaster resilience
Descrição do cargo
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensuring the implementation, managerial leadership of programme strategies in the UNDP CO in Brazil in the areas of People and Prosperity, by prospecting and developing projects of cooperation and by establishing inter-relationships between UNDP and national governments as well as with other strategic partners.
- Management of the People and Prosperity programme.
- Ensuring Policy Development and Fostering Innovation.
- Creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy.
- Provision of top quality policy advice services to the Governments and facilitation of knowledge building and management.
1) Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Preparing information for advocacy:
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP's mandate
2) Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Contributes into results through primary research and analysis:
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Analyzes country situation to identify opportunities for project development
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals and ensures substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches and drafts proposals accordingly
3) Building Strategic Partnerships
- Maintaining a network of contacts:
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
4) Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Enhancing processes or products:
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
5) Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
- Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies:
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Develops a database of project profiles. Identifies opportunities for project proposals for presentation to donors
6) Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Basic research and analysis:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
7) Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Fundamental knowledge of own discipline:
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
8) Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP's Goals
- Preparing information for global advocacy:
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP's goals for a variety of audiences
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities for advocating for UNDP's mandate
9) Client Orientation
- Establishing effective client relationships:
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
Education: Master's Degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences or related field.
Experience: Post-Master's relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
Technical experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Portuguese and English
O que está sendo ofertado
It will be discussed at a later stage of the process.